Re: [OM] some problems

Subject: Re: [OM] some problems
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:15:09 -0300
> Nice photos. You are a braver man than I to get that close to a moose :>)
>
> As for the scanner, don't toss it yet. Mine did a similar thing not too
> long ago and the fix was a cold boot and recalibrate using the card
> included with the scanner. It has been working as well as it ever did
> since then. Of course I'd like a new scanner too but I'm afraid I need
> more of an excuse to justify a new one. That extra 1600dpi would
> probably only just show up the operator error rather than make my
> pictures better anyway.
>
> Mike

Thanks to all who gave some tips. Another "cold boot" and some high tech
wiggling of connecting wires seems to have everything working fine again on
the HP scanner.

As to bravery around moose, keep looking through the viewfinder as they
curiously walk toward you. That way they look small and harmless.  If they
look too agressive, remind them of the moose meat you have back home in the
freezer  :-)
Wayne