[OM] Soldering got me thinking -- free to a good home

Subject: [OM] Soldering got me thinking -- free to a good home
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:19:04 -0400
This whole thread about soldering, and my own thoughts about how bad I am,
got me to thinking.

I have two flash units, a T20 and a T32, that are desperately in need of a
good solder.

The first is a T20. It's in good condition, except for a Drivers license
number engraved in the side. There was a weird rattle, so I 'popped the
top'.  There is a small blue part, visible in the picture (a capacitor?)
that, well, fell off the circuit board.  Needs to be soldered back on.
That's it. Everything else is there, including the calculator panel.

The second is a T32. It was my first attempt at repairs, for a broken foot.
Oh, I got that fixed, but there is one broken wire that is a PAIN to solder.
You can see it in the pictures.

T20 - http://www.zuikoholic.com/itempages/2199.htm
T32 - http://www.zuikoholic.com/itempages/817.htm

So here's the deal.

- They are free to a good home as long as you PROMISE to fix them, not
scavenge them for parts
- Only one to a customer, so they will go to two different homes
- First come, first served
- You cover shipping (say $4)
- U.S. only -- sorry, they're not worth standing in line for

Hopefully someone will see value. Be sure to read the page at the links as
there is more info and pictures.

Tom