Re: [OM] But of course!

Subject: Re: [OM] But of course!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:28:05 -0500

But seriously, CH, I  have three. I think, however, the average American
doesn't have one.

We must not be that average then. I have two low wattage pencil irons for electronics, a larger version in the 80 watt range (used to use these things for point-to-point wiring and soldering the ground end of things like filter capacitors to a steel chassis), two guns for even heftier stuff (one medium and the other high wattage), and a small propane torch for sweating copper pipe together . . . and then getting it apart again (also good for getting sections of rusty exhaust pipe and mufflers apart). In the U.S., these things sorta congregate on their own in the tool chests and garages. It's a guaranteed right in the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution . . . Freedom of Assembly.

-- John