Re: [OM] Erasing engraved lettering

Subject: Re: [OM] Erasing engraved lettering
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:51:40 -0700
For filling small scratches and shallow mars in car panels, there is a
substance that is called 'body putty'. This is a one-part sold in a tube, no
mixing required. The stuff I used 25 years ago looked like green toothpaste.
Not good for filling anything deep, but you smeared it over a scratch in the
paint, leveled with your finger and let dry, the a quick scuff-off with some
wet 400-grit and you were ready to prime. This would probably work well for
filling engraving. I'd sand down the high spots first, fill with putty, then
repaint. Doesn't solve the problem for engraved chrome parts, though.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...