[OM] Well, I'm screwed..

Subject: [OM] Well, I'm screwed..
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:46:22 -0700

>I cleaned it, but it seems whatever was in the soap I used, has pitted
>and dulled the plastic drastically..

Albert, if you have determined that something in the soap that you used
actually etched the surface of the screen and not just coated it with
gunk then you might experiment with one of the products made to shine up
plastic. You now have nothing to lose. I would recommend the stuff sold
by optical centers to fill the scratches in plastic eyeglasses. I think
it fills in and smooths the surface with something with a similar
refractive index. Unfortunately it may also defeat the purpose of the
screen i.e. you may to see through it but no longer be able to focus
easily. (Would this turn it into a clear field screen?) But what the
heck, what you have now is useless.

mike