[OM] Re: Trouble in the camp, Part II

Subject: [OM] Re: Trouble in the camp, Part II
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:08:54 -0700 (PDT)
Prairie Dogs.  The camera bag looked like a field of prairie
dogs with all of the lenses sticking their heads out to get a
better look at the box sitting across the room.  Macro Mike kept
insisting that it was a blue cloud, but since he was so
near-sighted, I suppose everything more than a couple of feet
away looked like clouds.

The Missus had brought the box in from the front step and placed
it on the table.

"Is that it?" Otis was repeatably asked.  "I think so, the
return address says 'Florida' on it."

"Yoohoo! Anybody out there?"

A sound, a sweet, very feminine sound eminated from the box.
That perked up the camera bag.

"Hiya Babe" says playboy Doug.  "OUCH!"  Diana kicks him right
in the DOF preview button.  "Before you go focusing on her, you
better remember that WE have a date tonight."

"Yes, you, me and that blasted book.  OUCH!  Now would you knock
it off", he squeeked in pain.

"Yoohoo!  I hear voices.  Can somebody help me out of here?  I'm
running out of air."

"DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!  Gotta go!" says playboy Doug.  He jumped
out of the bag before Diana could wind up another kick.  Diving
overboard, he lands on the carpet and rolls across the room,
climbs up onto the table and is face to face with a well-taped
cardboard box.

"...Help me, help me... ...I...  ...I...  ...I can't...
...breathe..."

Doug tries to pull at the tape, but it's no use.  Without hands,
it's an impossible task.  Time is running out.  He calls for
help from the others, but they aren't any help as there isn't a
hand among them.

"...help..."

"Strobo!  Come quickly!"  Stroboframe jumps off the shelf, runs
across the room, jumps up on the table and quickly puts his arm
around the box.  He uses one of his edges to slice the tape and
open up the flaps.

"...me..."

Doug jumps in the box and starts throwing shipping peanuts
everywhere.  "Where is she?" he says as a cloud of styrofoam
blankets the room.

"What's this?  Plastic bubble-wrap?  Oh, no.  It's taped too.
Help me, Strobo!"

Strobo again slices the tape, but as they fumble with the
wrapping, the life inside it has begun to ebb away.

Finally, they pull the plastic away from her face, but she's not
breathing.  It's too late.  Too late.

Doug sits there staring at this beautiful, motionless creature
and starts to cry.  "NOOOOOOOOOO!"