Re: [OM] Re: Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:40:07 -0400
I was out in the woods. I tried the 200/4, but when the birds are within
range of that they're very active (too close to you). When they were farther
away the birds were too small in the frame so I added the 2X. 400/8 is slow
in early-morning woodland light.

Then I couldn't get any shots because by the time I framed the bird and
focused (practice needed) it flew off. So I loosened the ball and used the
tripod as a stabilizer, swung, focused and shot. Better success (than zero)
but the shots aren't sharp.

I decided to look again a couple of days later to see whether it was camera
shake, moving subject or low-light focus error. Or all of the above. I
wasn't expecting much on my first try at this, but it's a slight downer to
get nothing on a roll to be pleased with. That's what a sense of humor is
for, though.

So I went out yesterday with some Elite Chrome 400. No birds. On strike.
Except red-wing blackbirds, which this time of year fold up their feathers
when they alight to hide the red patch. Nice scenery though, wasn't a
complete loss. And a nice break on the way to work.

Andrew