Re: [OM] KEH Bargain = silvernose?

Subject: Re: [OM] KEH Bargain = silvernose?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:11:14 -0400
Cc: <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bill Stanke asked,
> The 100/2.8 also has the former owner's name and SSN engraved on the barrel.
> Any good ideas for "un-engraving" a lens - black paint?

Ultra-fine point Sharpie marker from the stationary store.

Now on to my story.  I'm in fundraising mode so I bought a 50/1.8 to replace
the one I'm gonna sell with the OM4.  Everytime I've
looked at prices on used OM stuff at Adorama, they've been high.

No more. I called 'em up because the prices on the site were really attractive.
 I ordered "the best 1.8 that has all 3 of these
words on the filter ring: 'Made in Japan'."  On the phone, the guy said he had
one in EX+ condition for $25.

I just got the invoice which says they've shipped a lens WITH BOX for $25.

They are also selling new Oly 49mm front caps for $7.50 which is less than KEH
is asking for used ones!  With that cap, I'll be able
to sell my OM4 with the correct black/blue strap, a MiJ 1.8, genuine cap, and
an OM4 box with styrofoam and a big collection of
literature on the OM4.

That should get the collectors interested but I'm gonna have to disclose in the
auction that the serial number on the box does NOT
match the camera.  Anyway,

Lama