Re: [OM] Star Trails

Subject: Re: [OM] Star Trails
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:43:46 -0400
At 11:58 06/08/2003 -0400, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In a message dated 6/8/2003 10:49:49 AM Central Standard Time,
>matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>>One other thing: dew loves camera lenses. When I shoot star trails I attach a
>>dew heater to the lens and hook it up to a 12v battery
>

>Matt, I was wondering about that.  Your work is really terrific!  I was
>somewhat surprised by the nearly wide open apertures.  With these really long
>exposures, would a smaller aperture make much (if any) difference in the
>negative or positive you produced?  Bill Barber

All I can say is that the density on the slides was excellent. The site had an
extremely dark sky, and ISO 100 film is obviously pretty slow.

If you shoot star trails from a suburban site, you may have to stop down to as
much as f/11 on ISO 100 film for an all night shot.

I recommend Provia 100F film.
--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx