[OM] ( OM ) - nearly - but at least it's Olympus

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) - nearly - but at least it's Olympus
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:16:30 +1200
Hi,

At last I have my "new" Olympus Six in my hands.

The blessed thing has actually been at the Post Office for a week, but they
omitted to leave me a card in my letterbox telling me so.

First impression is, how small it is for a 6x6. Almost the same as an OM.

The leather case is shot, but never mind; crappy leather in the first place.

Bellows needs work; stiff and almost brittle. I think it is light-tight.
Aperture is
OK; but Copal shutter has just one speed instead of the 1/1,2, 5 10, 25, 50,
100, 200 that it should have;  so it goes to the Doctor.

Glass is unscratched, but needs cleaning even inside. No fungus I can see.
Just haze and maybe oil drops.

Back internals are fine; will have to make a 6x4.5 mask.

Minimal corrosion.

I think it enjoys being handled :-)

Brian