Re: [OM] 8mm FE questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm FE questions
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:35:54 -0500
On auto, like any ultra-wide angle, you just have to be careful that you don't
include too much sky or dark foreground.  Otherwise, point the lens down and
lock the exposure.  Or use the spot meter.

I wouldn't fool with any fixed coupling gizmos; the lens works very well on
auto.  It should be stopped down to f/4 - f/8, IME for best performance.  Much
smaller can cause diffraction effects.

When I had the lens, I locked the exposure with a reasonsable amount of sky and
the exposures came out fine.  Look here for a couple of examples:
http://www.skipwilliams.adahost.com/data/8mm-westfield/.  The 4-picture series
were metered without the sun and the exposure locked for all four.

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address