Re: [OM] Tokina AT-X 35-70mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina AT-X 35-70mm f2.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:28:30 -0700
I guess that's one of the problems with their use of MTF bench tests alone. If you check out Gary Reese's tests, the Tokina AT-X 80-200/2.8 shows very well. The AT-X 65-200 is one of my favorite lenses.

I've just received the first shots with my 24-40/2.8 back from processing/scanning. They look quite good on the 2000dpi mass scans. There is some barrel distortion at 24mm in one shot with a straight line along the bottom part of a frame. The clip-on lens shades for the 24-40 are rare used and expensive new (~$50 with shipping and tax for me in CA.). I found a screw-in that seems to work, but I haven't tested it yet.

Moose

Jeff Keller wrote:

photodo.com doesn't rate either of these two lenses but a number of the
AT-X lenses don't show up as great performers. Even the 80-200 f2.8
received a 2.9 rating. The Tamron 35-105 SP received a 3.6
-jeff