Re: [OM] Re: Mechanical Shutters vs. Electronic

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Mechanical Shutters vs. Electronic
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:05:35 -0400
Electronic shutters only control when the second curtain is released.  Both
types of shutters rely on the same type of springs to mechanically move the
curtains across the film.
Electronic shutters of 80s era design are as accurate as mechanicals (not
talking about the OM-10 here) .  The OM-1s I see for the most part are not
off by 1/3 stop. by any means.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,