Re: [OM] OM-4 Stiff Shutter Speed Ring

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Stiff Shutter Speed Ring
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:32:51 -0400
At 20:40 5/31/03, you wrote:
I had the same problem with the professional set OM I purchased few years
ago, the bargian OM4 was having this problem and I got it very cheap. I
removed the lens mount, clean the metal ball (for the click stopper) and
regrease it then everything was fine.  It is now my mostly used and most
reliable camera. I remember the reset pin will not jump up far, just remove
the mount slowly and it should be ok.

C.H.Ling

Thanks . . .
I have a bit more confidence if the only two things I need to worry about are the reset pin and the ball bearing (along with keeping shutter speed position registered with the gear). Didn't know if there was anything else under there to surprise me by unexpectedly jumping out and rolling across the floor.

I think I'll take a peek at Mark's site for the exploded view to look at that also. I'm not one to get into too much on camera bodies beyond a simple few screws for immediate access to something relatively obvious and relatively low risk.

Thanks,
-- John