[OM] OM-10 service question

Subject: [OM] OM-10 service question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 17:16:11 -0400
I have an OM-10 which only partially fires. On pressing the shutter release the mirror starts up and stops half way leaving the rest of the camera in a locked up state.

After removing the bottom cover I quickly figured out that I can cause it to complete the cycle and free up by pushing on what I think it the first shutter curtain release lever.

Watching the action, I think the release slide presses on the mirror release lever which is supposed to press the first shutter curtain release lever. The mirror release lever does hit the curtain release lever but it doesn't push it far enough. I have to manually intervene and push it about 2mm farther.

What's controlling the limited travel?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA