Re: [OM] Focusing Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing Screens
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:22:11 -0400
Pop Photo had an article a month or two back about zooms and super-teles that
focus _slightly_ past infinity at desert temperatures
so they will +barely+ reach infinity at arctic temperatures.

If the infinity mark lines up next to a "L" shaped index mark, instead of a
purely vertical "|" one, it's a common way to display
the idea it's been designed that way.

While a 180 / 2.5 is neither a zoom, nor a super-tele, I just thought I'd
mention it.  Maybe it's so darned fast it has the same
kind of variablity with temperature?

Lama