RE: [OM] Focusing Screens

Subject: RE: [OM] Focusing Screens
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:40:44 +0100
I'm still not sure I'm with you Dan.  Past infinity?  Surely not - we'll
have someone chiming in with Buzz Lightyear comments if we ain't careful!

Perhaps what you are seeing is the ability to bring the lens into focus on
something in the distance, and then go out of focus again - but that would
be because "in the distance" actually isn't at infinity.  That's a
phenomenon I experienced when first using a 500mm mirror lens - it's as if
infinity has syuddenly jumped back a mile or ten.  But not a 'fault' with
either lens or camera.

Piers