Re: [OM] FA: 35-70mm f4 hood.

Subject: Re: [OM] FA: 35-70mm f4 hood.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:35:41 -0700
For bigger, more valuable items I agree that nothing is close to matching Priority Mail for speed and value.

For small, light, inexpensive items, even Priority Mail can be overkill. I've received several hoods and other similar items simply in bubble mailers via 1st. Class Mail and sent out a couple with nary a problem and charges of $1-3. I certainly tend to balk at high charges for such items, but will look at the total cost to judge what I want to pay. The 'Bay doesn't charge fees on shipping, so there may be a temptation to move some of the sales price into the shipping charge, I suppose.

Pictures make a difference too, and the one for this auction is nothing special. It makes the hood look a bit tired and that isn't going to help the price.

Moose

John and Julie Ockman wrote:

Doug, (Offlist again)
I can tell you also, that a shipping charge of $7.50 probably turns most
people off just on a matter of principal. The box for this is free for
Priorty Mail if you get it from the post office, and the the charge to
ship this to all 50 states is $3.85 by Priority Mail, and add $.45 for
Delivery Confirmation. I sell a lot, and customers are always concerned
about shipping. I always ship Priority mail by the way. It is the most
bang for the buck.
Regards,
John