Re: [OM] ...Tamron 28-105/2.8 SP .....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...Tamron 28-105/2.8 SP .....
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:08:58 -0400
Skip pretty well covered it, so there's not much I can add.  I
will say it's somewhat awkward using this lens with a bare OM
body, which results in having about twice as much lens as camera.
I'm a motor drive junkie, and on an OM-4/MD2 combination, it makes
a well balanced and not too burdensome package.  It's also not bad
with a winder.

It has become my lens of choice if I'm grabbing up only one camera
and one lens for some purpose.  For instance, on a recent camping
trip with grandkids in the woods, it was the lens I used probably
75 percent of the time because of its speed and range, which made
it easier to get properly framed shots of the hyper little buggers.

It is quite sharp and I would judge its overall performance as
being all but equal to that of my 35-80/2.8 Zuiko.

Walt