[Fwd: Re: [OM] zuiko 2,8/100 value guess

Subject: [Fwd: Re: [OM] zuiko 2,8/100 value guess
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:07:12 -0700
Gary Reese just dropped me a line from off-list land, well.... maybe a minor rant. He has a point. When I was tracking stuff I wanted to know prices on, I always noted condition. He further mentions the wealth of price data he provides on his lens test site which adds a lot of info to questions of price for lenses.

Moose
-----------------------------------
Moose:

I find it interesting that there is a discussion about variations in the 100mm
f/2.8, but everyone quotes the same Skip Williams price range which doesn't
differentiate among the versions, much less the cosmetic condition.
Perhaps you could point out that if someone wants to REALLY know what a
particular version is worth (or condition grade), they can simply click on the
blue hypertext link for the 100mm f/2.8 on my lens test page, which you
do such a good job of keeping in the forefront of people's thought.
Self appraisals without considering a condition grade are meaningless to (at
least) someone looking at this from the dealer point of view!

Gary Reese