Re: [OM] 135/1.5 on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/1.5 on ebay
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 12:51:11 -0500
$850 BIN?!  Yea, right!

These days, who REALLY needs a 135/1.5 monster (5 lbs!)?  If you're that hard
up, buy an old Nikon body and get a superb 135/2.  Back in the days when those
lenses were made, fast film was so grainy that every stop meant a lot,
'specially for surveilence photo types; not so with today's emulsions.

It's also a T-mount, which means stop-down metering, quite a downer, IMO.  I'm
assuming that it doesn't have automatic diaphragm, right?

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address