Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4063

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #4063
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:40:37 -0700
danrich wrote:

When using film from the freezer how long do you have to wait to use it?

I dunno, I only refrigerate mine. Neither the film nor can has much heat capacity, so it should warm up in just a few minutes. What I don't know about is possible condensation problems, which could take longer to clear.

Is it a no no to dry fire an OM with out film in it?

Doesn't make any difference to the camera mechanism. However, it often freaks out people using any of the TTL models in auto mode, as the pressure plate is much less reflective than film, so it suddenly seems like metering and/or exposure is way off and they think something is wrong with the camera.

How long can you leave a lens on before having to put a body cap on if it
causes problem in weakening the mechanism?

Pretty much forever. I've never heard of any problem from leaving lenses on indefinitely. If you want to be really compulsive, leave the lens aperture on its smallest (numerically largest) setting. This will minimize the spring tension in the aperture sensing mechanism.

Moose