Re: [OM] OT: audiophile's news

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: audiophile's news
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 14:49:37 -0300
on 24/05/2003 02:34, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu at lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Two reviewers in Stereophile say that SOME integrateds made in the last 5
> years wipe the floor with the old technology.
Yes, maybe SOME. And bear in mind $tereophile is not the holy truth.
Are you familiar with http://www.audioasylum.com/

> If I still had the Magnepans, I might not be making a good move but with
> efficient speakers (class B, not bass limited Mirage M3si)
> and a small room, I'm confident.  Forty excellent watts are smarter than 150
> so-so watts for this room and for dynamic drivers.
Bryston amplifiers are a good match for Maggies, or so they say. The B-60 is
an integrated to be considered (don't know where are you living, Bryston is
not evenly distributed over the world but thery're VERY serviceable). Their
phono stage is quite good, and you can have one with or without phono stage.
I have a BP-25 preamp with MM phono stage which  could upgraded to MC just
by adding the step-up transformers. Newer power amps from Bryston have been
upgraded from ST to SST, but don't know about the B-60. I've recently seen a
Bryston 4B-ST at *bay, silver finish. The BP-25 pre didn't seem to have a
phono preamp installed.

> Lama

Fernando