Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT brief - pdf

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT brief - pdf
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 17:30:25 +1200
Hello Fernando, and all,

Acrobat Resource directory on my system has 18 items, and I'm not sure
that it has retained the Tahoma fonts that I added a day or so ago. It
certainly doesn't have all of them.

On the other hand, my Windows programs have access to all the 180 fonts +
font derivatives in the C:\Windows\Fonts directory. If I were able to run
Acrobat from within M$ Word like it is supposed to do, I think I would be able
to use all these fonts in the pdf file. Running acrobat from the desktop does
not permit access to these 180 fonts.

Under ' View > Use Local Fonts (Ctrl - Shift-Y) ', the local fonts are brought
in
but I suspect this is only while viewing a file authored on my machine.

Positive note; a business client ( I write web-pages for people in my spare
time   <{8=)>  ) has offered me a spare copy of Word 7 that came with a
computer he bought, and if it doesn't take too much space I may install it.
That should solve my immediate problems (I think).

Thanks for your ideas.  Brian