Re: [OM] OT: Beirax Baier Camera - 1930's?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Beirax Baier Camera - 1930's?
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 22:59:44 -0400
Rick,
 According to McKeowns Price Guide to Antique and classic Cameras
2001-2002 : The Beirax is a 6x9 camera made by Beir(Kamera-Fabrik
Woldemar Beier,Freital Germany)in 1930,(Beirax II-1953). There is often
a button under the leather to push to release the bed if it is wood. If
it is metal, there is usually a release on top that you push while
trying to pull down the drop bed. If you send me a jpeg, I might be able
to spot the release for you. You may have already pushed and pulled the
right combinations, and it is just a little jammed. I have handled
hundreds of these folders, and maybe 30 different types, and they can
sometimes be an adventure until you learn their little quirks. Whatever
you do, do not force anything, these are usually very particular that
they be moved exactly right. Hope you learn what it takes to make work
just right. These can be a lot of fun.
John