RE: [OM] OT ~ I bought an Olympus u~II (Stylus Epic) for $12!!

Subject: RE: [OM] OT ~ I bought an Olympus u~II (Stylus Epic) for $12!!
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:41:00 +1000
> Albert [mailto:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> ...So I bought a Stylus Epic, which I've always wanted,
> for $12....

Wonderful little camera. Although there's little to no
control over it, take it to family and friendly
gatherings and put it in your right (or left if lefthanded)
pocket pointy-end down. Then, you can reach in at a
"decisive moment", grab it out by the clamshell cover,
curl your fingers in to open/turn it on, lift your
shutterfinger up and press the shutter button (sometimes not
even looking through the viewfinder) - all one-handed
and in a couple of seconds (I need to practice my
quickdraw technique to improve this some). You can
take photos without people even knowing you've got
a camera if you quickly slip it back into your
pocket (if the flash doesn't go off - otherwise,
they might scratch their heads about where the
lightning came from if you're lucky <g>). Seriously
"point-and-shoot" (but in a good way), seriously
pocketable, and seriously good photos when you get
that "moment" too (the fill-flash is generally quite good
too - mostly not overwhelming like some).

That's my "always with me" camera.

Marc (preaching to the converted)
Sydney, Oz