[OM] Dumping the Freezer contents

Subject: [OM] Dumping the Freezer contents
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:17:17 +0800
I had soooo many undeveloped rolls sitting in the frig, and so I decided to get them all developed.. Some were from way long ago.. I forgot about most of them. Well, I couldn't afford to make prints of everything, so I only paid for a CD.. But in total, there were 28 rolls.
2 rolls of provia.
6 rolls of B&W
1 roll that I screwed up (reala) and had them push 2 stops and turned out great.
19 rolls of print film.

Well, first, let me just say, it sucks I can't find Fuji Neopan Acros here in Taiwan. It's my favorite B&W film by far. In a side by side with Ilford's 100, it was a lot smoother, and the tones were great.

Second, Provia... ROCKS!! I did what most photographers of course think is blasphamy, I put a roll of provia in my point and shoot!! :-) Results were stunning. The lens on my Konica P&S is excellent, with sharpness almost equal to my Zuiko, but with a bit more falloff on the corners. While I love the Fuji Superia 400, after shooting a lot of Reala, I just love reala. There was a 3 shot section in one roll of my B&W that was all gone. My camera sits in a T shape in my camera bag (backplate facing up) and that was what went through the scanner.. and that got washed out. So those who think scanners don't do anything to film... think again! That was on a Ilford 400 roll..
But I'm surprised how well film keeps in the freezer..

Also, looking at shots from a year ago, I'm a MUCH better photographer than I was a year ago.. No doubt a large part due to this list.

Thanks!
Albert