RE: [OM] 28mm and 24mm compared

Subject: RE: [OM] 28mm and 24mm compared
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:51:49 -0400
IMHO, the 28mm makes for a better photo, at least in the examples presented. There is a bit more magnification of the 3 Brothers and you're still able to get in the river and the reflection--too bad the wind didn't cooperate and leave the water surface unrippled as it was when you shot with the 24. Still a nice reflection. I don't think the additional far riverbank and background to the right on the 24 is interesting enough to have gone wider although the little extra bit of bank in the foreground appeals to me. But if it appeals to you or helps make a point, statement or whatever, the 24 is appropriate. Overall, theres not a whole lot of perspective difference to my eyes.

BTW, I'm assuming you were shooting across the Merced River. Or were you lucky enough to have a nice meadow pool available? Having just spent a few heavily overcast (more like fogged in) and rainy days at Yosemite I must say that I'm a bit envious because reflections were almost nil while there.

Gary