[OM] ABUSE OF THE TERM MINT-MIB

Subject: [OM] ABUSE OF THE TERM MINT-MIB
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:20:23 -0400
MIB=Mint In Box??? I'm used to seeing it mean Model In Box when searching out particular model airplanes, ships, etc.

I too agree that the term mint is terribly abused when it comes to cameras. I haven't boned up on coin collecting terms but I seem to recall that in that hobby Mint is not the highest quality. I think Proof is, which, to me, would equate to new in box, NEVER mounted on a body and probably obtained direct from the factory. I think the description Brilliant Uncirculated comes after Proof. Heaven
help us if we see a Proof, BU or BUC camera or lens.

Gary