[OM] RE: Family snapshots (mostly OT)

Subject: [OM] RE: Family snapshots (mostly OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:39:45 +1000
> I wrote:
> ...Here is one without the "Impressionist" filter:
> http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/md.jpg
> and here is one with the "Impressionist" filter:
> http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/md2.jpg

Thanks everyone for your thoughts received on- and off-list
on both my father and these images. It seems that the feeling
is unanimous - the unfiltered image is preferred. I appreciate
the suggestions and help offered in regards to the image.

I have now used the (admittedly not the best) inkjet printer
at work to print both out at A3 size, and the printed
images seems to strengthen your opinion - the unfiltered
one does look better.

I will, however, as Rich suggested, get both images printed
professionally (at about 20" on the long side) and decide
from there (or let Mum decide, and keep the other for myself).
I want to print it on matte paper that has a little bit of
texture and a bit better quality than is available to me.

So, sincerest of thanks again all. You're a bloody good bunch,
you know! :-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz