Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 and 2 lens travel kits

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 and 2 lens travel kits
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
>Ever use a macro at a wedding?

Rings, veil/dress details, garter belt... :)

My standard wedding setup has diminished dramatically through
the years.  I use very little primary equipment and have a stash
of backup equipment ready, but safely tucked away in my bag.

My standard kit, these days, for wedding work is the OM-2S (with
winder) loaded with Portra NC (160 for formals, 400 for
ceremony), 35/2.8 as my primary lens, 50/3.5 and 100/2.8 when
necessary, stroboframe, vivitar slave flash.  The OM-4 is loaded
with Delta 400 pushed to 800. The IS-3 is loaded with Portra NC
400 and is used everywhere and for backup shots of everything
important.  Oh, and I use a studio flash with umbrella for the
formals (radio slaved).  The 24/2.8 and 200/4 are used during
the ceremony from the back of the church. (no flash, no
winders).

When I use a medium format, I use it for the formals and a
handfull of "key shots" which have a high liklyhood of 8x10 or
larger print sales.  However, I still back up every critical
shot with a second camera.  It has saved my endoscope-interface
on more than one occasion.

AG-Schnozz