Re: [OM] Olympus 35 series

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 35 series
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:56:27 -0500
Technically speaking, shutters at or near the optical center of a lens are more
"efficient" than any other shutters, meaning they
are able to control the total exposure throughout the image more evenly.  But
some leaf shutters are placed behind the optics,
usually on the less expensive models.

Most critically, though, I suspect, is that leaf shutters are cheaper!