[OM] Re: 20mm f2 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: 20mm f2 macro
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 16:57:19 -0700
>From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
>
>Does anyone on the list have exprience with this lens?

Yes!

>I have the opportunity to buy one for about 350$, in as new condition.
>This seems ok?

It's no "Fang," but considering the rarity, it's probably not bad for NIB. I
think I paid $300 for mint without box, but that was years ago.

Unless this is "pocket change" for you (or if you're primarily a collector),
you might consider what you'd use it for. It is a very specialized lens. Forget
flowers, we're talking objects that are smaller than the small words in this
text! I find I use the 38 more than the 20, but maybe that's just because my
eyes are getting old, and I can no longer "see" the view that the 20 provides.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.