Re: [OM] Re: Defending multi-spot metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Defending multi-spot metering
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:51:26 -0400
On Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 9:38
Jan Steinman <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But like Walt says, it's still not as accurate or foolproof as incident
> metering. But like I say for the vast majority of shots, "Who cares?" :-)

It depends on what you want.

If you're taking slides and want slides to look most like what you see, use an
incident meter - but backlit subjects won't look right, and you may lose
highlight or shadow detail when you do.

If you want to capture the maximum information, adjusting what it looks like
when you print it or prepare it for the monitor, use the multispot to see the
range of what you want detail in, and choose the exposure that will capture the
most of what you want.

tOM
---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980