Re: [OM] Why you don't want your film x-rayed

Subject: Re: [OM] Why you don't want your film x-rayed
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:32:48 -0600
> Where was that film processed Dan?

 A local lab that does b/w.

> BUT please note that I am no expert on X rays but do have 'extensive'
> experience of just the kind of processing fault described :-(

 Yeah, I would have been very suspicious too, were it not for that fact that
another roll of b/w that went through at the same time (for TOPE 13) that
_hadn't_ been zapped was processed just fine. It's almost as if the x-rays
melted the film together somehow in places..

 I realise this isn't a realistic representation of what happens to carry-on
film -- the TOPE13 roll had probably been through carry-on scans about
half-a-dozen times before I printed it, and that was just fine -- but,
someone was asking for a sample print they could show to checking people as
an example of what might happen, and these seem dramatic enough to be
convincing..

 -- dan