Re: [OM] Alternative to Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Alternative to Zuiko 50mm f/3.5 Macro
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:09:33 -0300
> I have never seen a review of this lens but I swear my
> Kiron 80-200 f4 is far, far sharper than my Tamron
> 80-210 f/4.5 ever was.  I paid about $30 for it and
> happily sold off my Zuiko 200 f/4.  With the money I
> *made* I bought most of a sturdy tripod.

My Kiron 80-200 is a f4.5, and that is the only thing I don't like about it.
It also has the zoom lock feature. It is really sharp. I've never had the
Zuiko 200/4, but really have no desire to have one with the results I get
from the Kiron. And I paid only $50 in like new condition. But I think the
original request on this thread was for something f3.5 or faster.

> While my experince with a different lens doesn't mean
> that the 55mm is automatically a good one, this beast
> is currently sitting at $15 with no reserve.  It's in
> good cosmetic condition but wow, it's no beauty, even
> in perfect condition.  Our Zuikos really have nice
> contours and finish.

Some of us already have it on our watch list. Current bid price means
nothing.

Wayne