Re: [OM] Bokeh 50mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh 50mm
From: Dizel <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:15:58 +0200
The bokeh test for 50mm lens is just up,

Thanks! ;)

besides the different in softness
of background, there is something I have noticed in the long lens test but
was not so sure, here with the 50mm test it is very obvious, check if you
can see what is that.

Colour rendition difference

BTW: 1.8/50 MC is really an awesome glass. Just did a roll of Tri-X shots
for my friend's child baptism - OM1MD with Beattie Intenscreen (flat),
Zuiko Auto-S 1.8/50 MC wide open, 1/60 sec in neogothic church (read: dark ;)
Turned out fantastic. Focus is spot-on, focusing with Beattie was very fast
and very accurate (36/36), tonal rendition of 1.8 was beautiful - with
Tri-X @ 200 tonal scale from deepest shadows to bright highlights
was enormous. Even at 24x36cm enlargements there was plenty of
subtle tonal nuances to look at ;)

                                St.
             (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ZliMC)
                  http://www.familyofman2.com
 GH !d a- C--- E--- W+++ N++ o++++ PS+++ !tv b+++ D++ e* h* r++ z**