Re: Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)

Subject: Re: Why. why, why OM-3Ti over 4Ti? (was Re: [OM] WTB: OM-3 Ti)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:06:06 -0400
Actually, I completely agree with you, which is why I still own a nice OM-1,
but no OM-3 or 3Ti.  The 3Ti is beautiful, with its charcoal finish, but
price.......

Tom

> Consistanty, I don't understand the allure of the 3Ti and it's inflated
pricetag vs a 4Ti.

> Battery independance?  How hard is it to take 2-3 sets of button batteries
along?

> Maaaaybeee cold weather liabilities?  I guess you could argue that one;
the 4Ti craps out at low temps. (but a couple of OM-1's are a lot cheaper.)

> I can't think of anything else that someone could really need a 3Ti vs a
4Ti for.  And you give up the AE, which IMO frees me from a lot of decisions
when I'm trying to take fast moving pictures.