Re: [OM] SmartMedia question (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] SmartMedia question (long)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:26:44 +0800
Me too, I think everything should be able to resolve by email, what did
the seller say about the high shipping charge? He didn't mention the
shipping cost in the auction?

Here is below is my recent story, I learnt one should be more patient:

I sold a Olympus AF50/2.8 on ebay a week ago, the buy asked if the lens is
for OM88 or not before bidding, I told him yes. Then he BIN the lens,
afterward he ask me if the lens can be autofocus on OM88 or not. I told him
Olympus only have one lens that can autofocus on his OM88 that is 35-70/F4
AF. He said I gave him wrong information and he will not buy the lens.

Ok, I didn't gave him wrong information but even he don't buy my lens I
haven't give him negative, I just went to ebay non-paying bidder program to
claim my final auction fee back. Under the follow up email sent by ebay to
him I politely told him if he don't plan to buy the lens just ignore the
email.

Then you know what I get back from him?

* (quoted) *
thats fine, i'm not interested.  the lens was misrepresented and the
information you provided me on the lens is incorrect.  I have several AF
lenses for my olypmus om88, you state there is only one, which is incorrect.
no hard feelings, but you need to be more precise on what lenses you are
selling and what they are capable of for what camera.
* (end) *

Angry!? Yes, I really was! then I told him more about his OM88 and OM77
system, then again what?

* (quote) *
Here is the Lens that I just got from anther e-bay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3344&item=2925197789&;
rd=1

I know what my camera is and what lenses fit it.  This has the AF (Power
Focus) feature on the lens, AND THE OLYMPUS OM 88 IS AN AF CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!
* (end) *

I told him the lens he just got is exactly the same type as the one I was
selling. He misunderstood what is an AF camera. Finally problem solved and
he agreed to pay for my lens, a very unhappy experience but it is fine now.

C.H.Ling