Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645

Subject: Re: [OM] Which adapter to use a Zuiko 24-shift on a mam*ya 645
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:27:42 -0400
Yes, it was I. It is a Mamiya 6x7 BACK with a leaf shutter and OM mount
attached in front. It will accept any Olympus lens. The lens registration is
off a little - you have to focus the 24mm lens at 3m for infinity focus. No
viewfinder  - just look wide, 100 degrees wide.

Search for Trottier on http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/wide.html for pix, details

tOM

On Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:17
Brian Swale <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matt wrote
>
> Iwert,
>
> You need to look at the flange back distances of OM (I think it's 46.0mm) and
> Mamiya 645 (I think it's 63.3mm). Since the Mamiya's flange back distance is
> much longer, with any simple mounting of an OM lens on a Mamiya 645, you
> will have trouble reaching infinity focus. It's like having built in macro
> extension that you cannot get rid of. This is the reason why you don't see
> commercial adapters to mount 35mm lenses on MF cameras. You need a
> customized MF body for it to work.
> Matt
>
> About a year ago a 24mm OM shift came available on a local Australian
> auction site. The lens itself had a big front chip. It was mounted on a 6x6
> body.
>
> One of us Zuikoholics bought it - was it Tom Trottier?
>
> Perhaps he could advise what body was used. I think a leaf shutter had been
> adapted to work with it.
>
> I saved the online photos of it as well as some shots the seller posted to
> show what it could do.
>
> Brian

---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980