[OM] A few macro shots of my own

Subject: [OM] A few macro shots of my own
From: Wim Verheyen <aemit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 09:35:39 +0200
Moose wrote :

>The macro using a reversed 24mm is intriguing.
>Is that on a bellows, extension tubes? Which 24mm lens?

It's a Zuiko 24 f2.8 mounted on a reversing ring, directly on the body of the OM-4.
No extension, no bellows.
Using the reversing ring, you loose the auto-aperture operation.
Except when you are happy to have a Kiron reverse-mate (I don't).

>Then the primroses confirm that the 35mm (2.8, 2.0?) you used has ugly bokeh.

It's a Zuiko f2.8. Yes, I find that too. I have since made shots with a Zuiko 85 f2, and they seem to be much better in the bokeh department. You need more extension,
but at the same time you can take more distance from the subject.
So far, in lack of a real macro lens, the 85 seems to be the best choice I have.

I've heard that the site is sometimes not available. I've noticed that too.
Most of the time it should be online (well, it should always be online in fact).

I've also collected some notes on macrophotography on my site here :
http://users.skynet.be/aemit/photo/macro.html
This is not rocket science, and the table is not yet complete, but hopefully
it is of some use to people experimenting with various ways of extension.