Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good bokah, bad bokah?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 20:53:36 -0700
Even with a less than ideal background, the very smooth bokeh makes it rather unobtrusive.

I just took some shots of a very silmilar iris except the upper petals curve up to form a sort of tent over the center. If I got the light right, I hope to have some images of the interior. I've been playing with my new 135/4.5. First tests indicate a rather smooth bokeh.

Maybe you will become to bokeh what Gary Reese is to resolution and contrast.

Moose

C.H.Ling wrote:

Sharpening usually will NOT affect the bokeh, unless you do it
extremely too much but I never seen one. Below is a closer example of
better bokeh lens (Zuiko 75-150), I mean lens character not necessary
good choose of background as this one is not good at all:

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/dc/IMG_1283.jpg
A poor bokeh lens will make the background details look like seeing
through an astigmatic eye, I have shown some examples of good bokeh
lens (35-70/3.6) and bad one (Zuiko 50/1.2) before. Now with the Canon
10D I can make a fast comparison of all Zuiko I have, I will do it for
the 50mm lens first (but unfortunately I have sold the 50/1.2), stay
tuned.