Re: [OM] Use of the light box bent over?

Subject: Re: [OM] Use of the light box bent over?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 20:43:53 -0700
I broke down and bought one of those slim 4x5" light pads. The Logan Electric LOLBA7A 4 x 5" Slim Edge Light Pad #A-7A from B&H is $40 including the AC adapter, way cheaper than at the local shops. There are lots of brands that all look the same, probably all from the same factory. It is really handy and I like having a source of color balanced light.

There are also viewers with smaller 5000K fluorescent bulbs that hold a single slide and can be held up to eye level.

I have several cheap loupes, use a B&L 10x Hastings Triplet to look closer and then there is the microscope.......... I also have, sort of, this amazing 'loupe' I inherited from a guy who used to do specialized photography and processing for me. He used to be an aerial photo interpreter in WWII and made a translucent sleeve to hold a huge eyepiece off some piece of military equipment. Huge flat, sharp to the edges field of view. The sleeve/stand came unglued and I put it somewhere 'til I get around to fixing it, and now I don't know where it is.

I don't spend a lot of time looking closely at slides anyway. I haven't shot any except copy work for Univ. lectures for a long time. I sort on an ancient sorter with terrible light quality and look at anything i want to see better in the little light pad. if I want to look at a lot of them, I pull out the projector.

Moose

danrich wrote:

*** So what's your method to light box use and bending over the table
method? Or bringing the loupe/slide to eye with the light box a foot
away?