Re: [OM] OM-4 wish list

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 wish list
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:26:24 -0400
Good list.  I agree with all of them except:
#3.  Take one battery out before you put the camera on a shelf.  Put it (and a
new, spare set ALWAYS!) in a luggage tag, attached to the neck strap.  You'll
never wear down a battery and always have a backup set.

4. John's said that the early 4 is worse than the radically redesigned late 4
film speed knob/linkage.  My 4 (an early one) is still okay but it's never seen
hard use.  Someone pointed out that you need to be gentle with that thin
cylinder when you lift it.  Squeeze it too hard- just once and it'll hound you
forever.

#5.  It's not so hard to turn off a T32.  (We're lucky.  Some flashes from
other mfgers fire even when turned off- as long as the cap is charged, it's a
loaded gun.  Don't try to take one off the shoe either.  My Honeywell Stobonar
100 would fire as soon as you began to slide it out of the shoe.)

#7.  Okay, this is easily solved.  You NEVER make an assumption about film in
the camera.  As you pick it up, you rotate the film rewind knob clockwise.
Within a full turn you'll know for sure.

My additional gripes are about the illumination light: 1) the timer should know
when I'm operating the camera. 2) I want 15 seconds or more 3) More light and
4)an external battery if necessary.

Lama