Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...

Subject: Re: [OM] This is the first time I have posted questions...
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:54:25 -0300
on 28/04/2003 16:16, Richard Smith at rsmith@xxxxxxxx wrote:

May I complete some answers given by Piers Emy.

>1.  When might one want to lock up the mirror on an OM1, OM2, and OM2n?  And
how is this done?
Mirror lock-up is only possible with the OM1, using a lever which you will
find pointed in its manual.

>3.  I know ³it depends,² but should I buy a T32 or a T20?
A T32.

>5.  I am drawn to stark, contrasty, sharp black and white photos. What film
should I use, Tri-X or Tmax?  Or maybe something else?
IMHO, pushing Tri-X to 800 or 1600 and/or using a red filter.

>7.  Do you think there is a quality difference between the Om1 and Om2n, or are
they all the same high quality?
IMHO, I think they're the same quality but since they will be both
discontinued the all mechanical OM1 would have more chances to survive.
Someone in this list considers the OM4 a *Don't Buy These* camera because
circuit unstability; I wonder if the same judgement applies to the 4Ti.
Someone else considered the higher shutter speeds of the 2 or 2n
unpredictable. I've had to regulate mine a couple of times, but it surely
shoots faster than 1/1000.

>9.  What is the best way to clean a lens without damaging it?
Clean them the least frequent as possible, with Kodak products in circular
motion pressing the paper as little as possible. Always use some filter to
avoid unnecessary dirtying. It's always easier to clean a filter.

Regards,

Fernando