Re: [OM] T32 diffuser question

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 diffuser question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:51:25 -0400
At 02:15 4/27/03, Lama wrote:

I'd do that. But I see that the master, John Lind is on this thread so I'll see if I'm on the mark this time or not.......

Lama

Master??? Hmmmmm . . . not certain about that! There are others on this list much more masterful than I.

I mentioned the one hazard . . . eye shadows under the brow and a slightly lesser hazard of them under chin. Extent and magnitude depends on shooting distance and ceiling height . . . ceiling bounce being aimed ideally at midpoint to subject or perhaps just a tad closer. The higher the ceiling and closer the distance, the more the potential problem. Otherwise . . . working within its limitations . . . it can create a very diffused/soft lighting and reduce contrast giving a feeling of generic ambient room lighting . . . especially if the ceiling is textured.

Light loss when bouncing like this can vary widely with surface reflectivity. Worthy of testing it and various distances to determine working range in advance if at all possible.

-- John