[OM] Brown "hard" Case

Subject: [OM] Brown "hard" Case
From: "Norman S. Nadel" <nsnadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 06:38:18 -0700
I need help on this one ..

I was going through my "empty" boxes and found one that was not.  It contained
a pristine brown leather case .. possibly never used. The leather is soft and
supple, much softer than the black semi-hard case. Looks like it was just made.
 It can be seen at:  http://home.dc.rr.com/nsnadel/BrownCase.jpg
The box also contains a NIB brown leather strap.

I have the following questions:

1. Why was the brown case called a "hard" case when it is much softer than the
semi-hard case.

2. What is under the 1.4 label on the box .. if you know?   Each side is
identical with the exact same label.  It appears to be a factory modification.

3. Value of above??

Norm