Re: [OM] A non-hazy 65-200, was hazy 65-200

Subject: Re: [OM] A non-hazy 65-200, was hazy 65-200
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:10:53 -0400
Julian lamented:
I have really struggled to find "ANY" 65 - 200 without this problem. I am beginning to believe that they *ALL* have it to some extent, <snip> *NONE* which are *TOTALLY* clear have yet come to light for me.
I have a very nice 65-200 which I bought from George last June which does not exhibit the problem. Other than a small ding and paint scrape on the hood and some dust inside it looks pretty new. There isn't even any brassing on the aperture ring. Does have very slow zoom creep, though, if held vertically.

I used to use a 200mm pretty much as my normal lens and then I changed to a 75-150 as my most used lens. I figured the 65-200 would displace the 75-150 for me and get me back to 200mm but it hasn't. I guess I've grown too accustomed to the lighter weight.

Anyhow, it's a shame that this thing is sitting unused so it's for sale. Has original Oly caps but no case. Comes with a six month anti-haze guarantee. ;-)

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA