[OM] Re: Forced Poverty

Subject: [OM] Re: Forced Poverty
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
>> 1) kinder to animals (to some, this is irrelevant)

I guess that I take a bit less of a "religious" view of
carnivorism vs herbavorism.

Some people cannot tolerate a non-meat diet.  Some people cannot
tolerate any meat.  I personally have to be very careful about
what types of veggies I eat as the wrong types will tear me up
worse than anything.  I love a good steak, but wouldn't want a
steady diet of them.

Periodically, I do go vegetarian.  Anywhere from three months to
a year or so.  There comes a point, though, were I gaze across a
farmfield and see the biggest, juiciest T-bones grazing away.  I
buy a thick porterhouse, pile a bunch of freshly crushed garlic
and pepper (and secret spices) on it and toss it over the coals.
In ten minutes, I have a pan of saute'ed mushrooms done and
sliding over the freshly cooked steak.  A baked potato and fresh
corn on the side.  I do usually skip the sour-cream.  For
desert, an apple-pie.   Ahhhh.

Now, I've also got a fantastic source for salmon filets. (ALDI).
It's wonderful having salmon (baked, grilled, etc.,) one or two
days a week.

Whenever I plan on a backpacking trip or time spent in the
forests I'll go veggy.  It makes a huge difference as far as
bugs go. You don't want to be in a mosquito infested swamp
smelling like dead meat.

>From an agricultural point of view, Even in Iowa we have a lot
of farmland that can only support grazing.  Not every acre is
able to support 200-300 bushells per acre.

To each his/her own, though.  What we eat and why is a very
personal thing.  Boxers or Briefs.

AG-Schnozz