Re: [OM] Humidity reduction in Oly cabinet

Subject: Re: [OM] Humidity reduction in Oly cabinet
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:05:38 +0200
Hey Giles et. al,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:45:41 +0100
Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another approach is to keep your gear in an airtight storage
> container with some silica gel as a desiccant.

Very good idea...I do the same.

> Some containers can double as camera cases and are very tough so
> double as physical insurance as well.
>
> Two common brands are Pelican and Tundra cases.
>
> I like this approach personally as I can just grab my lens storage
> cabinet and go, and I don't even need to unplug it.

Actually, I'd also add the watercases from this brand:

http://www.flightcases.dk/watercases/watercases_index.htm

I've got three (two small and a suitcase-size), and they work fine
and are really water-tight. I know, since a friend of mine decided to
toss one of the cases (with Zuikos, mind you!) into a swimming pool
years back when we were on vacation together. The fact that the
watercase was in fact watertight ensured that he did not turn into
"former friend" from that incident.

They're sturdy too - you can stand on them to get those extra 30cm
height when needed :)

Mandatory disclaimer: I know the people behind flightcases.dk, but I
do not get commision for recommending them. I also paid full price
for my three watercases - so I am just a happy customer.

--thomas

> Giles
>
> >Oh yeah, OM content: I need to keep my Olyquipment dry and fungus
> >free...
> >
> >-Mickey

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)